Players can expect many horses and other unique mount options to be their travelling companions in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
Like in Breath of the Wild, players will be given various mounts choices. In the previous Nintendo Switch’s Zelda title, we had the many classic choices of horses and even a bear, a fawn and other fantastic creatures. This Guide lists all the mounts and horses we know about in Tears of the Kingdom and what we had in Breath of the Wild.
All Mounts and Horses in Tears of the Kingdom
In Tears of the Kingdom, Horses have different statistics and coats, just like in the first game. So far, we don’t know if, other than Epona, unique and iconic horses such as White Horse, Giant Horse, or any of the Bears and Wildlife mounts will return to the new Zelda game. However, players also can hope for new, never seen options. (We update the guide as we learn more each day)
You must follow the story and leave the sky islands to get your first horse mount. From there, visit Lookout Landing. Don’t worry story will take you there. Firstly, the stable master will tell you that the stable is closed, so return later to pick up the side quest. You’ll be tasked to fix a stable roof. It should be easy enough with Link’s new power Ultrahand. Move pieces around and attach them to complete the quest.
Once all is fixed and the quest completed, Lester, the stable master, will tell you more about horses and how to tame and register them. After that, you’ll earn Pony Points whenever you board or rest at the stables. For the Pony Points, you can earn fantastic rewards.
Check out our guide to learn how to get, register and tame a horse. However, wild horses are almost everywhere in the lands of Hyrule, and it’s a good idea to tame one early and look for a mount with high stats during your journeys. Tears of the Kingdom world zones are massive, and a relatable mount will make exploration much more convenient and faster.
Wild Horses usually live and travel through vast open plains – for example, by Dueling Peaks or in Central Hyrule Field. However, they also can be found in other locations, and the more dangerous zone, the more powerful horses players can find.
Below we list all Horses and Mounts in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom that we know about. However, as we discover more about the game, we will continue to update this guide regularly.
- Wild Horses
- Wild Horses are easy to find and come in various patterns, colours, and statistics. Look for them on the green grasslands of Hyrule.
- It’s a fantastic horse with amazing stats. As a result, Epona was a topic of many discussions because it could be the best horse in Breath of the Wild and hidden behind the paywall. To unlock it, players need to use a special series called Link Amiibo.
- How to get Epona in Legend of Zelda: The Tears of the Kingdom?
- The situation is similar. You need to scan the Super Smash Bros Link or Twilight Princess Link Amiibo in-game. You can also get her from the New Serenne Stables if the BotW game is saved on your Switch. Talk to a stable master to get her.
- Giant White Stallion
- It’s a big, majestic horse with a massive stamina pool, never lacking it.
- How to get Giant White Stallion in Tears of the Kingdom
- Go to the Lake of the Horse God and cross the lake through the Horse God Bridge – West of Martha’s Landing in Hyrule. Follow the road to the east; you will easily spot Giant White Stallion somewhere at the end of the road. You can tame it just like any other wild horse, but it takes a lot of stamina, so come prepared with food and Elixirs.
- Golden Horse
- This unique Zelda’s Golden Horse is available if you travel to Snowfield Stable in Hebra and complete the Side Quest there.
- Other Wildlife
Transfer your horses from the Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
You can transfer your horses from the previous title if you have a Zelda: Breath of the Wilde game’s save data on the same device. All your horses, names and even cosmetics can now be used in new Tears of the Kingdom world.
The big new addition to the Tears of the Kingdom is Vehicles. Thanks to Link’s new ability, Ultrahand can construct and connect different structures together to create fantastic custom Vehicles.
Construct many sailing, driving, and flying vehicles, and let your imagination wander, as there are almost no limitations!
Looking for more Tears of the Kingdom?
Thank you for reading our Tears of the Kingdom article! We provide the latest news and create guides for the Tears of the Kingdom. Additionally, check out our website, watch me play games on Twitch, or visit my YouTube channel!