Redfall is an open-world, single player and co-op first person shooter, which takes place in the fictional town of Redfall, Massachusetts. Battling powerful, sinister vampires on a darkened east coast island, players can expect robust build crafting, in-depth weapon customization, and multiple hero characters to choose from. A highly anticipated game, players may be searching to discover what classes Redfall will have.
Will Redfall have classes?
No, there are no classes in Redfall like the kind you would find in other role playing games. Instead, Redfall will have a roster of various heroes for players to choose from. Each hero will have their own unique abilities and powers, which will make character choice important in multi-player mode.
Teams may have up to four members, and are not limited to one character at a time. Multiple teammates (even all four) can choose to play the exact same character. But this may not always be a wise choice, as a variety of special abilities in other heroes may be essential to dealing with powerful bosses.
At launch, Redfall will have these four main heroes available to play:
- Devinder Crousley, an aspiring inventor and cryptozoologist
- Crousley fights using his inventions and weapons, providing a unique vampire hunter playstyle
- Layla Ellison, a biomedical engineering student who now possesses telekinetic abilities
- In combat, Ellison’s abilities manifest as a purple force field, which can naturally be used for defense but can also be engaged offensively
- Remi de la Rosa, combat engineer
- Along with her own heavy firepower, she comes paired with her robot partner Bribon. The two together pack am aggressive, powerful punch.
- Jacob Boyer, an ex-military sharpshooter turned private contractor
- Given his history, Boyer’s specialty is with a sniper rifle. His abilities are enhanced even further with a unique eye and a new psychic raven companion.
What is Redfall?
Redfall is an open-world, single player and co-op first person shooter, which takes place in the island town of fictional Redfall, Massachusetts. The consequences of a failed scientific experiment have created a legion of vampires who have taken over the town – blocking out the sun and cutting off the remaining citizens from the outside world.
Players can choose to tackle the vampire hordes alone or team-up in groups up to four members strong. According to Bethesda, “You will collect an arsenal of specialized weaponry and can customize your character with unique upgrades and abilities to suit your playstyle for guns blazing, stealth combat, and everything in-between.”
Looking for more Redfall?
I’ll be doing more deep dives into Redfall and covering the game on deltiasgaming.com. Keep an eye out for more coverage as we anxiously wait for the game to release! Additionally, I’ll also be streaming the game on twitch.tv/deltiasgaming.